The Drill Team is a group of cadets that practice precision drill movements for the purpose of display and competition. The team spends many hours developing and practicing these elaborate drill movements and may compete in the regional or provincial drill competitions.
The team also demonstrates their skill at Annual Ceremonial Review.
– Officer/OIC – Capt Taylor (for now, that may change later or Lt Park may assist) & CV Hopper
– Practices are on Fridays from 1830 – 2100hrs at the Squadron in the Beef Barn. Starting October 4th until 2 May 2020.
– First practices are Oct 4th and 11th. These are not expected to be actual drill practices but meetings to go over expectations, commitment and to talk about the drill routine and organize Drill Team Commander Tryouts.
– May 2nd Is the expected date of the Fraser Valley Zone Competition where we go to defend our title.
– Extra practices, as of now pending talking to CV Hopper if he returns are the following:
a. Sun March 8th 1300 – 1600 depending on whether the Range and Biathlon team makes it past the Zone & Provincials competitions prior to Spring Break
b. Sat 28 Mar 0900-1600at the squadron in the beef barn just after Spring Break
c. There may be additional Weds practices outside from 1830-2000 after Spring break starting 8 April, weather dependant.
d. And the week before the competition starting 27 Apr, 28 Apr, 29 Apr 1830-2030, 1 May 1800-2100for final uniform prep and practice before competition.
– Sat May 2nd 0630 until completed – meet at the squadron to pick up your uniforms and depart for ASU Chilliwack for the competition. We will have to arrange carpooling.
– May 8,15,22 are practices for ACR to keep up the routine. If we have cadets from 354 it is also again to practice for their ACR again as well.
– If applicable attend the 354 ACR to perform for their Corp.