• Officer in Charge: 2Lt Murray, Mr. Joe Da Silva, Mrs. Sophia Robinson
• Practice: Sunday 1000 – 1200 online via Zoom
o Squadron Competition is beginning of March
o Provincials: April in Richmond
o Nationals: May or June
• Extra Practice: Will meet at the local toastmasters’ one or twice in full uniform. Practice will be at the Maple Ridge City Hall in the city chambers, time will be announced at a later date.
• Extra Costs: N/A
Any cadet, from any level, may participate!
Use your voice, gestures and presence to be effective at speaking in public. Increase your confidence to communicate in every day situations such as:
- Networking and meeting new people;
- Pilot scholarship panel interviews;
- Job interviews;
- Interpersonal skills – winning people over to your way of thinking;
- Dealing with bullies or difficult people.
Medals are awarded to cadets who place at the 583 Squadron local competition. A bronze, silver and gold pin is awarded to cadets who participate at the regional, provincial and national level.
2015 583 Squadron Effective Speaking Competition
2014 583 Squadron Effective Speaking Competition
Caption: left to right.
- F/Cpl Varfolomeev, A. – 2nd Place – Speech Topic: Colonel Chris Hadfield, Space Explorer
- Cpl Metzner, S. (female) – 1st Place – Speech Topic:Women in Military Services
- F/Sgt Metzner, S. – 3rd Place – Speech Topic: Bullying
Hosted by 583 Squadron Sponsoring Committee at Maple Ridge Public Library, February 2014. Thank you to F/Cpls Britton and Unruh for volunteering as ushers, and to MC Kris Grasty, Kellie Kemps 2014 SSC Chair and their team of dedicated parents.