The following cadets are registered: FCpl Halstead, Cpl Han, AC Hislop, Sgt Kim, Cpl Kondratov, Sgt Moore, Cpl Sosnowski J, Cpl Sosnowski K, LAC Takahashi, Sgt Tian, Cpl Tryon and Cpl Zakaria. I have sent the joining instructions (excerpt below) to your Cadet365 emails (CC to your civvy email and BCC to your parents emails). Don’t forget to sign out an instrument if you need to (e.g. snare drum players).
– The aim of the band clinic is to provide cadets with a foundational music experience, that will enable a local music program. The clinic is offered over 2 days, from 2-3 Dec 23.
– Training location: 861 RCACS: 32470 Haida Dr #14, Abbotsford, BC V2T 5A6
– Timing: 1000hrs – 1500hrs (10 am – 3pm) both days.
– Dress for Saturday 2 Dec 23 is: FTU (C5 – green uniform).
– Dress for Sunday 3 Dec 23 will be civilian attire.
– Transportation: Cadets are within their local geographic area, so no transportation is provided (parents must arrange for their cadet’s transportation).
– Lunch: cadets will be provided lunch, however no beverages will be provided, so
cadets are to bring a water bottle. Lunch for Saturday 2 Dec 23 will be from Save-on-Foods. Lunch for Sunday 3 Dec 23 will be from Panago.
– If there are specific dietary needs, please let us know ASAP so we can submit requests to the OPI.
– Cadets are to provide their own instruments. Please note that Regional Training doesn’t normally loan consumables (reeds, cork grease, valve oil, drumsticks), and corps/squadrons are asked to provide their own equipment.
– Music is available through the T-PAC- Music-Musique
. If cadets wish to review their Music Proficiency Level Music they can download and print from this page.
– Medical & Participation Limitations: Please let us know ASAP if you require medications throughout the day and if you are required to have an Anaphylaxis Plan, bring 2 Epi-Pens as specified on the Anaphylaxis Paperwork in Fortress.
Note: The Maple Ridge Christmas Parade is also on Saturday Dec 2nd. A 3 pm dismissal from the clinic will give 2 hours to get supper, change and return for the Parade assembly in downtown Maple Ridge by 5pm. If you think you need more time, the clinic staff say that an earlier dismissal is not a problem, just please let them know at drop off.