The band cadets learn music theory and participate in the squadron band. Interested cadets without a music background can still join the band as some instruction and instruments are provided. The band attends the regional competitions and band cadets may also attend band courses in the summer.
The band can be heard at the squadron during the monthly Commanding Officer’s parade and at Annual Parade.
Band Practices Tuesday Nights 1830 to 2100 weekly starting September 13 at Squadron HQ. Extra Practices for Band Comp will be on Sundays time to be announced in January. Practices TBA.
Band Clinic for the Fraser Valley is in November in Abbotsford. This clinic is for music testing and the advancement of music levels from Basic to Level 5. In order to become a Drum Major cadets must be Level 3 Qualified before becoming Drum Major qualified at Band Clinic.
Each year the cadets design a Hoodie that they wear to Band Comp as a Team. We do our best to keep costs to cadets between $30 to $40. Hoodie design will be completed by December and ordered end of January.
- Officer I/c: CV Steeves
- 2IC of Band: Capt T. Middelveen, CD
- Drum Major: WO2 Kim
- Band 2IC: TDB
Performances & Competitions
- Cougar Band cadets will be in Pitt Meadows for Rememberence Day Ceremonies
- Maple Ridge Christmas Parade TBA
- A Seniors’ Home in Maple Ridge on a Tuesday night in December for Christmas. Home and location to be announced closer to November
- Lower Mainland Band Competition is TBA at Minoru Arena in Richmond. We leave Squadron HQ at 0630 via Bus and arrive back at Squadron HQ by 1800.