Biathlon is a combination of cross-country skiing (winter Biathlon) or running (summer Biathlon) and marksmanship. It requires tremendous endurance and strength as well as skill and precision.
A seemingly unlikely combination of events – one being an aerobic activity which requires strength, speed and stamina; the other being a passive activity which requires concentration and a steady hand – confronts the athlete with a very demanding challenge. The combination of power and endurance of cross-country skiing with the precision and calm of marksmanship makes this sport especially challenging, fun and rewarding.
For more information please visit the National Biathlon page.
• Officer in Charge: 2Lt Murray
- Fitness Training: Sunday 1pm to 4:30pm Starting 6 October
- Range practice: Sunday time to be determined by Range Officer. Will be held at Port Coquitlam Rod & Gun Club
- Ski Practice: will be when there is snow (if any) and will be announced
- Competition: Either early January or Mid-January at the Whistler Olympic Biathlon Track.
- Extra Costs: Team Hoodie, if ordered.