Biathlon is a combination of cross-country skiing (winter Biathlon) or running (summer Biathlon) and marksmanship. It requires tremendous endurance and strength as well as skill and precision.
A seemingly unlikely combination of events – one being an aerobic activity which requires strength, speed and stamina; the other being a passive activity which requires concentration and a steady hand – confronts the athlete with a very demanding challenge. The combination of power and endurance of cross-country skiing with the precision and calm of marksmanship makes this sport especially challenging, fun and rewarding.
For more information please visit the National Biathlon page.
- Officer in Charge: Capt K.Murray
- 2I/C: Cl K. Binion
- Fitness Training: Sunday 10:00am to 11:30am at Osprey Village Starting 2 October
- Range practice: Sunday 1:00pm to 4:00pm at Squadron HQ
- Ski Practice: will be when there is snow (if any) and will be announced
- Competition: Either early January or Mid-January at the Whistler Olympic Biathlon Track.
- Extra Costs: Team Hoodie, if ordered.