Any cadet, from any level, may participate! Use your voice, gestures and presence to be effective at speaking in public. Increase your confidence to communicate in every day situations such as:
- Networking and meeting new people;
- Pilot scholarship panel interviews;
- Job interviews;
- Interpersonal skills – winning people over to your way of thinking;
- Dealing with bullies or difficult people.
- Officer in Charge: Lt Murray, Mr. Joe Da Silva, Mrs. Sophia Robinson
- Practice: Sunday 1000 – 1200 online via Zoom
- Extra Practice: Will meet at the local toastmasters’ one or twice in full uniform. Practice will be at the Maple Ridge City Hall in the city chambers, time will be announced at a later date.
- Extra Costs: N/A
- Squadron Competition is beginning of March
- Provincials: April in Richmond
- Nationals: May or June
Medals are awarded to cadets who place at the 583 Squadron local competition. A bronze, silver and gold pin is awarded to cadets who participate at the regional, provincial and national level.